Here at Cookshack, we want to make everything as simple as possible, including clean up! For easy cleaning of your Fast Eddy’s™ by Cookshack pellet grill:
- Line the ash tray and grease shield with heavy duty foil.
- Check to make sure you have a sufficient amount of pellet inside your hopper for the cooking you plan to do.
- Make sure the drain bucket is placed on the retaining clip to catch the excess dripping.
- Lightly season your grills with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
After you have finished cooking, allow your grill to cool and simply remove the heavy duty foil and wipe off your grills. Always remove ash from your fire pot after reach use.
For a more extensive clean:
- Disconnect pellet grill from power supply.
- Allow the pellet grill to cool.
- Remove the grills and shelves.
- Scrape and wash the grills and shelves with soap and water or put in your dishwasher (do not use caustic oven cleaners).
- Remove ash and grease remnants from drawer by discarding the aluminum foil covering (douse ash tray with water before discarding.
- Empty or remove drippings and replace the drain bucket.
- Scrape loose grease and scale from walls with a flat edge scraper.
- Remove ash from the firepot after each use.
For general maintenance:
- If you start seeing a buildup of sawdust in the bottom of the hopper, remove the pellets and use a shop vac to remove the sawdust.
- If the cooker is stored outdoors, care should be taken to ensure water does not get into the hopper.
- Periodically check electrical plug and wire for any type of wear or damage.
- Twice a year, put two drops of oil on the hinge pins to prevent binding.
- If grill seems slow to start or produces a lot of smoke, clean fire pot and try to start again.
As always, for more information on Cookshack or the Fast Eddy’s™ by Cookshack pellet grills, give us a call at 1-800-423-0698.